Introducing the concept of a Keystone Habit and how it helps us bridge the behavioral gap that exists as we seek to make lasting change in our life.
How It Works
BIG IDEA: Transformation is a process that includes a critical step of Habit Building.
- Talk through the 5 Stages of Transformation. Draw Diagram on White Board if possible.
- Highlight that the Weekly Reflection Guide is an example of a Keystone Habit which helps participants move from simply valuing the intentionality of living out their life call and actually being able to prioritize it.
Where to Find This Tool
Understanding how to prioritize the urgent and important of life.
How It Works
BIG IDEA: Stepping into what you have declared as Important in your life requires the intentional prioritization over the urgent that naturally begs to be first.
- Use the quadrant to show how #1 High Importance and High Urgency is the obvious first priority and #4 Low Importance and Low Urgency is an obvious least priority.
- Emphasize that the because the urgent naturally begs to be first that it requires our intentionality to prioritize what we have declared as important in our lives. Illustrate this principle by placing #2 in the High Important and Low Urgency quadrant on the matrix.
- Remind participants that by answering the 5 critical questions in their Personal Vision Frame they have articulated what is important for them to live their life under the Lordship of Jesus.
Franklin Covey - “Wildly Important and the Whirlwind” resource can be send as follow up to this session.