To see the transformative opportunity of a Kairos moment in our life and how to intentionality navigate such a moment.
How It Works
BIG IDEA: Kairos moments create space for small shifts with big implications as we pause to listen well and respond with action.
- Highlight the atmosphere of discipleship as communicated in 1 Corinthians 13:13 as a summary verse in a letter to Corinth where Paul talks of how to be the church.
- Love = What Is. Where God receives us, right where are, is where we receive others.
- Hope = What Could Be. God does not leave us where we are at. Frustration is the first manifestation of hope.
- Faith = What Will Be. In hope God speaks and as God speaks the capability for faith is born.
- Answer the 2 questions of discipleship:
- What is God doing?
- What am I going to do about it?
- This is what it looks like to follow Jesus.
- Define Kairos as a significant moment in time as distinct from Chronos which is the order of time.
- Walk through each step of both initiation and challenge and how each moves us to listen and obey in the midst of a kairos moment so even the most minor step of growth can become a trajectory of transformation in the hands of God.
Where to Find This Tool
Discipleship involves both hearing and acting.
How It Works
BIG IDEA: Following Jesus always involves BOTH hearing and acting.
- Walk through each quadrant.
- High Hearing and Low Acting: Biblical knowledge that at its extreme can be Pharasaic.
- High Acting and Low Hearing: Skill without knowledge.
- Low Hearing and Low Acting: Ignorance and incompetence – which the world believes the church operates from.
- High Hearing and High Acting: Living in wisdom and power. Wisdom puts into practice knowledge and revelation. Power couples skill with authority. This is what discipleship looks like.