To create space for participants to dream about “life long wins” in each of their Storylines.
How It Works
BIG IDEA: Who gets to win with their life because we win with our life?
- Remind participants of the cycle of mutual blessing we see in Jeremiah 29. Give a quick explanation of what a ‘Bucket List’ is for participants who may not know what it is.
- Reiterate the power of dreaming and explain how we are going to use the idea of a Bucket List to help participants dream about and name life-long wins in each Storyline of their life so that they are better able to orient their lives in that direction.
- Begin with the Worksheet and 5 suggested categories to get ideas going.
- Walk through your Bucket List and through the examples in the Participant Guide to help your group dream about their own Bucket List.
- Offer helpful filters for discerning if a dream is self-indulgent. Encourage them to see if one of these would apply to their life-win dream:
- Does this build intimacy/growth in my closest relationships?
- Does this renew any part of me in any way?
- Can this be multiplied to benefit/ bless others?
- Does this increase my faith and advance the gospel?
- Pray for your group as they enter a the time of brainstorming, inviting the Holy Spirit to help them identify life-long wins in each Storyline of their lives. Then give participants 20 minutes for an initial brainstorm on their worksheet.
- If you have 3rd quarter life stage participants, encourage them to record and highlight life dreams that have been fulfilled as a celebration of God dreams already realized. This will bring glory to God, affirm the life they have already lived as well as activate future dreaming. It also will be inspiring to the younger generations in the group.
- Bring everyone back together and help them process their time.
Homework will be to dream up 10-15 life long wins for each storyline, adding to what was begin in session.
Where to Find This Tool
To help participants develop and concretize their Bucket Lists by sharing their Bucket Lists with each other.
How It Works
BIG IDEA: Opportunity for three-way listening: to honor God, to honor each other and to learn more about ourselves.
- Have each participants share their bucket list dreaming lists OR the top few favorite bucket list dreams from each storyline, whichever works better for your context.
- Invite listening participants to engage in active listening by sharing the things that stood out to them after each participant has shared.